Monday, November 6, 2017

Pizza Lovin’ Chicago Girl Embraces Fayetteville Pieology

A while back, Mercy for Animals noted the pizza chain Pieology was now offering vegan cheese.

Oh, Feytteveille Arkansas won’t have anything as chic and boutique as Pieology, I thought.  They did!

Oh, Feyetteville’s Pieology won’t have anything as specialized and cutting edge as vegan cheese, I though.  They do!

Start with
wheat crust and red sauce....
So off I went, and was greeted by a sparkling clean eating area that showcased the brick oven which would cook my pizza.  You know it’s a well-run establishment when the kitchen operation is this transparent.
add vegan cheese and veggies....

Just as you build your sandwich at a Subway (I recommend their falafel sandwich, by the way), I was helped through the choices for crust, sauce, and toppings to create the culinary delight of my vegan pizza pie.

I mistakenly got the wheat crust.  It sounded so healthy but I discovered it contains honey.  As I began with my battery of questions, my helpful server, Matthew, retrieved an employee information card which outlined dining choices for vegetarian, vegan and gluten-free diets.  Turns out the gluten-free crust is a bona fide vegan option for next time.


I did OK keeping it vegan on the red sauce. (In my day they called it tomato sauce, but I’m getting older.) Stating the obvious, the fresh vegetables were also listed as vegan on the employee dietary needs card.  I topped my creation with spinach, mushrooms and bell peppers.  If I had wanted to be more adventurous, such choices as hot peppers, marinated artichokes and cilantro could have been added.
Since the price of any pizza (one size fits all, by the way) comes with unlimited toppings, I then had them add another lacey sprinkle of vegan cheese atop the toppings – holds everything in place and it makes for great presentation.

....bake 'til pipping hot...
and let "pizza love" take over!

Coming from Chicago, the land of legendary deluxe deep-dish pizza, Pieology’s crust was a bit on the cracker side by comparison, but I do so appreciate the fresh veggie toppings and corporate’s decision to make vegan cheese available.  On behalf of all the factory farmed animals who are suffering in the food supply chain from hell, as well as those human animals who insist on the plant-based diet, thank you Pieology!

Fayetteville Pieology

No comments:

Post a Comment