Monday, December 4, 2017

A Sweet Ending to our Relationship

The time has come for me to conclude entries in this blog and move on to my next adventure.

To conclude my year-long culinary odyssey, I should end with dessert, yes?

I found my last stop at Nomades Music Lounge, on south School Street in Fayetteville.

The place has an easy going, funky atmosphere, with the furniture being an eclectic blend of mid-20th century resale shop finds – colorful folding chairs, retro kitchen chairs and a few stately high-back dining thrones.  There is a stage in one corner for open mic nights, and a wall for local artists to display their work.  I felt right at home.

Nomad's CRUMBLE -
The guilt-free dessert of a lifetime
Yes, I was able to find a winner vegan dessert.  They offer a scrumptious Crumble mixing finely chopped walnuts, coconut, apricots and dates topped with a berry agave puree and two juicy black berries.  It’s good – really good.  Let’s put it this way.  I’d ordered lunch, which I’ll review in a minute, and was going to take the dessert to go.  Only a small portion of the creation made it into my to-go cup.  I just kept taking spoonful after spoonful of this delectable concoction – and the antique spoon they provided was the perfect touch.  Being served in a footed parfait cup, the whole dish seemed to be something out of the Victorian age.

For a vegan maindish, my servers, Kaiya and Coleman, pointed out many of their traditional entrees can be customized to accommodate the vegan diet, and there's the Green Goddess salad of celery, cucumber, avocado, bell pepper, onion, pine nuts and mixed greens.
The AVO WABO - a rainbow of taste!
But I went for the Avo Wabo.  It’s a toasted tortilla wrap cradling sliced avocado, orange segments, mixed greens and roasted beets (you can also have red onion, but I passed) in a chipotle-lime vinegrette.  Normally I’m a wimp when it comes to Latin spices, but this dressing was just right, giving my palate a thrill it wouldn’t get in my own kitchen, but fading from my taste buds in time for me to fully enjoy the aforementioned dessert.  As for the roasted beets, here’s an idea I’ll try at home.  They are so good for you and such a beautiful color for the presentation.



So when you’re yearning for a refreshing vegan meal including dessert, check out Nomades, and who knows, maybe you’ll even get a floor show.

Nomad's Music Lounge at 1431 South School Street, in Fayetteville




No comments:

Post a Comment